- exposing the crisis in nonprofit fraud leadership…a crisis of pervasive and monumental waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and malfeasance throughout the charitable sector which costs taxpayers and contributors tens of billions of dollars annually; and,
- seeking reforms that will restore the public’s lost confidence in the sector.
Prosecutors said in 2000, four years after taking over as headmaster, he was living in a trailer. He stole funds to build a 3,140 square foot house.
Investigators said in 2010, he built an even larger lakefront home. In order to properly fund it, he made all the school employees take a 5 percent pay cut and claimed it was due to tough economic conditions.
- Silence: The Impending Threat to the Charitable Sector (Xlibris, 2011)
- Nonprofits: On the Brink (iUniverse, 2006)
- The Michigan Nonprofit Management Manual, Governance Section