- exposing the crisis in nonprofit fraud leadership…a crisis of pervasive and monumental waste, fraud, abuse, mismanagement, and malfeasance throughout the charitable sector which costs taxpayers and contributors tens of billions of dollars annually; and,
- seeking reforms that will restore the public’s lost confidence in the sector.
“These fundraisers are brazen con artists who refuse to follow the law and continue to fundraise illegally in spite of a previous court order,” Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (source)
A Glimpse Of School Fraud: A True Shame
The cease-and-desist order alleges multiple violations of the Maryland Solicitations Act, including misleading potential donors to a charitable organization, using false and misleading advertising in connection with a solicitation and failing to register with the Secretary of State before soliciting.
- Silence: The Impending Threat to the Charitable Sector (Xlibris, 2011)
- Nonprofits: On the Brink (iUniverse, 2006)
- The Michigan Nonprofit Management Manual, Governance Section